Washington County Schools is committed to the establishment and support of a planned and systematic communications process between the school district and its stakeholder groups. We are committed to transparency and being proactive by providing the most up-to-date information in a variety of formats to most effectively reach multiple audiences through:
- A strategic communications plan that aligns with district goals and objectives to create a “one-clear-voice” concept when delivering information to stakeholders
- Branding and marketing strategies for the school district
- Communication and customer relations standards for all internal employees
- The research and evaluation of preferred methods of communication for all stakeholder groups
- Promoting a proactive and cooperative approach with the media.
We are dedicated to promoting positive relationships amongst our students, teachers, staff and community stakeholders. Washington County Schools also recognizes the important role of the media in providing news and information to the community. It is the goal of District Communications to assist in providing information about the district in a timely and accurate manner. Members of the media are asked to contact the Coordinator of Communications & Public Relations with requests for information or requests to interview, photograph, or film administration, teachers, staff, and students. (Media Request Form is below)
Hillary C. Wright-Kaufman
Coordinator of Communications & Public Relations
Assistant to the Superintendent
Office Phone: 859-336-5470 ext. 2202
Work Cell: 859-481-8917
Have a story or social media idea? Submit a communications request!
*If your request has a tight deadline or is urgent, please send an email or call/text 859-481-8917.
District Social Media Links:
WCS Twitter: @WCPSCommanders
School Social Media Links:
WCHS Twitter: @WC_Commanders